shabby blogs background

Sunday, December 6, 2009

it's christmas time

christmas in wisconsin is a terrible song... you should look it up. you might throw up. but, it's a great time of year. since we live out here, we thought we should really experience a winter christmas, so on the first day it started snowing we drove out to a christmas tree farm in west allis to chop down our own tree.

it was freezing so we picked a tree really fast and david cut it down.

i also got an early christmas present! these are my favorite kind of ornaments and my favorite christmas story. i love them!
then we decorated the tree. i think it looks pretty good. i can't wait until we have a bigger place so we can get a bigger tree and get even more awesome ornaments. you can't see the garland that well in this pic, but you can see it in real life. over thanksgiving my mom got me this cool antique garland with crystals on it... so sparkly and christamsy. thanks mom!

i'm still working on the christmas tree skirt. i'm half way done, but of course i found a bucilla pattern that i love, so i'll probably make a better one next year!

4 comments:

Laura and David said...

fun ali! we have to get our tree on tues, hopefully. i want to see an update on your quilt!

honest to blog said...

there are butterflies on your tree...loves it!

stephanie said...

cute tree! how fun that you cut it down!!!

Nicole said...

I think it's great that you cut down your own tree! The last time I cut down my own tree was on my mission in Canada. My companion and I drove out to the forest, found a good tree and chopped it down. Then we brought it back to our apartment and decorated it with paper ornaments. Good times. That is your tree! Way to go Dave!