shabby blogs background

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

new york: where 2 for $5 is more like 2 for $8.56

before we could <3 NY we had to celebrate typod's and gma's bday/mlk day!

(typod turned 11 and his favorite food is king crab legs, so this is him loving it)


(he also loved his birthday presents... )

(addison loved me and the icecream... favorirte aunt status!)

then we were off to new york... it was a little congrats on graduating trip.

we walked to the brooklyn bridge with grand ideas of walking across it, but with strong winds and 20 degree temps, we decided to just walk to the first arches. this is manhattan from the bridge:

and this is us in front of the seals at the central park zoo:


and this is the inside of the downtown vosges boutique:

and this is the original chinatown icecream factory. interesting but maybe not the best idea to eat icecream outside in january.


we did a lot more, but it was way too cold to take pictures of everything. new york was awesome even though i spent hours on the steps and at the plaza waiting to see b or s or even little j and no one showed. i guess i should have the gg link on my phone so i can keep track of my favorite upper east-siders.

some people just don't know how to say no.
xoxo,
gossip girl

we're looking forward to visiting all of our readership (andie and stephie and steven) before we move for medical school. so plan some itineraries and we're there.

5 comments:

stephanie said...

looks like a blast! thanks for updating. i am on campus with nothing to do so that took up some time. if you could post a little more frequently it would give me something to do in my free time. and when you come visit make it like a month long visit...thanks.

STEVEN said...

Best blog post ever! A shout out to me and GG?! (Remember when GG stood for Gilmore Girls?)
I really wish you had run into them. Nothing could have had the trip better.
See you at the Rio this weekend?

Nathan Williams said...

first, I'm really glad I stumbled on this so I could see some shots from new york
second, I just about laughed out loud (in class) when I read the gossip girl's "xoxo" part. Awesome. I'm yet to watch an episode, but I'm thinking I might have to (once!) just to understand.

that trip looks great.
hope you guys are well.

(this is nathan by the way, canadian, "naters", willy, reddish hair... )

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I made Kyle Olsen pay for an office visit charge. He chewed me out, but it was totally worth it!

meggan said...

um, I read your blog too, but it's ok if you don't want to visit me....