shabby blogs background

Sunday, September 13, 2009

memorial day weekend!


for memorial day weekend we had two visitors... tyler our best house guest and my mom.  we had so much fun, even though it was the weekend before david's first test week.  we kicked off the weekend by heading to the brewers/giants game.  it was fun, but mom was done by about the fourth inning.  so we headed to the fan shop and typod got all the brewers gear he could handle.

after the game we headed to gilles' frozen custard for dessert... we converted my mom and tyler to frozen custard. 

on saturday we went down to chicago to go shopping and eat at giordano's.  i finally got to try a real chicago italian roast beef sandwich... it was delicious.

then we did a little more shopping and decided to visit the sear's tower, which is now called something else, but no one remembers it's new name.  

it's tall.
we got in line to get tickets and found out the line was like 2.5 hours long... so mom decided it would be worth an extra $15 a piece to cut to the front of the line.

a 60 sec. elevator ride later we were 103 stories up.  they have these little plexiglass alcoves that you can stand in.  it's pretty scary.

these pictures look weird because of all the reflected light off of the glass.

doesn't look that safe.

see: you can see all the way down to the street!


mom was freaking out... she had a death grip on several strangers... so funny!
anyways, our weekend was so fun!  we love it when people come to visit.  everyone has the best time with us too!  ;)

despite having visitors during prime study time david did awesome on his exams.  medical school is going to be a breeze.

4 comments:

stephanie said...

fun visit! i want to come one day!! maybe i will wait until you have a baby so i can come watch it for you!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Al, Thanks for all the shout outs, but I could have done without the picture posted of me looking like some bad descriptive word that means terrible. Anyway I love your blog and now Typod gave me the secret access so I can log on anytime I want. Love mom

Jessica said...

o wow. I didn't know you could see the ground below ya in the sear's tower! I guess you guys did say it has glass all around. i'm slow...

STEVEN said...

I assume that by Memorial Day you actually meant Labor Day...unless you are using a Mayan calendar...in which case my bad.