shabby blogs background

Saturday, August 21, 2010

then it was my bday!

i'm beyond ancient now. let's not talk about it. we did however get to go to california to celebrate and it just so happened that my cousin tara's wedding was the same weekend. so we stopped by.

she looked great and her husband looked so happy! he's been in the family for years and now it's official. he is welcome to the christmas gift card game this year.
it took about 150 hours after the ceremony for the party to start. we got a little restless in the cocktail holding room and after addie pulled my grandma's wiglet off, we knew it was time to head outside.


amber got some pretty serious nagging about not wearing navy.

finally the party got started and addie got the best dinner! her chicken strips and fruit looked delish. just look at how much she's enjoying them...

i'm surprised she wasn't hugging everyone after every bite.
my grandma was high on painkillers and we're pretty sure she swiped someone's champaign, but she was having a great time until her arm hurt too much and she had to leave. she was the life of the table though!


my mom was all about making dreams come true as usual so we got to go to cafe rio for my bday! it was awesome. and i saw several bloggers i stalk there, so that was awkward.

david needed a haircut.

we're still impressed that tyler finished a 3 lb pinto bean only burrito in 1/2 an hour. he loved it.

they loved it.
and andie was rocking the biggest hair i've ever seen on her.
this reminds me of my college days. i miss cafe rio 4-5 times a week.
then we went to carlsbad for a few hours. it was so fun, too bad it was so cold and no one got tan.

pool hotties.



then we headed to extraordinary desserts for some breakfast. (we're still not sure why mom was so into breakfasts the whole weekend)

beats bagels and eggs any day of the week.

i really wanted to get a pic with the new baby and david1 and laura, but seeing as the baby is days old, they didn't make it. maybe this christmas? i'm working on my collection of this picture as well as christmas stairs pics. it's going to be great.
tyler always has a bf over there. especially when they heat up his invented chocolate decadence dessert.
$40 dollars a day. yum-o.
we were working on getting her to smile with her eyes open. it's not working.
cool baby!!
my mom and i also worked on our antique mercury glass ornament garland for christmas, they are going to look amazing, visited with grandmas, shopped, celebrated babies birthdays, met the newest addition to the hansfield fam and hardly slept at all. i can't wait until our next trip home.

4 comments:

honest to blog said...

where do i even start to comment? theres so much to say! i'm sorry about my hairs' volume! milwaukee and carlsbad did interesting things to my hair this year!

Megan Gubler said...

Allison,

I love your house. I had no idea you guys bought a house. You did a great job with it. I feel like I haven't talked to you forever.

stephanie said...

happy birthday!

Karen Hansen Goodwin said...

looks like a lot of fun!