shabby blogs background

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

a few favs...

today i thought i'd post a few of my favorite websites right now. since most of you are on summer already, i thought you could use a few new sites to look at while you're checking other people's mini-feeds...

* http://davidhorvitz.com/if/index.html




this website is particularly awesome. this guy posts things you can pay him to do. some are like a dollar and some are like 5thousand. it's great and creative and in a decade or so, i will come up with a great list and make my own website. enjoy.





(example sample follows)


If you give me $1,626 I will go to the small Okinawan island called Taketomi and send you an envelope filled with star-sand (don't worry, I've been there before, I know where to go). I will send it from there.




* http://freerice.com/

this website has been around for a while, but it's still fun and a good waste of time, since you're really doing humanitarian service. also, since costco has limited the amount of rice you can buy to 80lbs at a time, i figured this is a great way to enrage the rice limiters. so go donate some rice and improve your vocab. i'm not going to brag, but the husband and i have probably set the all time high record score. let me know what you get... we probably did better.

enjoy wasting sometime today.

No comments: